Friday, July 19, 2013

The Show Is On The Road Again!


 Woo Hoo! I wished for it to happen, and it happened!

Ok - I'm not really dellusional. I understand that things moved along because that is how they progress and not because I wished for it. Geez - Couldn't even let me have my dream world for a moment, could you?! :)


So I wished that we could get things moving again and it truly happened. Fast. Possibly because I am a persistent bugger, possibly just how it should have been.

We were stuck in a vicious cycle of contracts. Back and forth, back and forth, over and over again. Which, isnt all bad. We do want to make sure that everything is covered correctly. Those who know me well, know that I pay close attention to detail. I monitor every tiny thing and I probably over analyze everything too. So, I went over everything with a fine tooth comb. What seemed like FOREVER later - we got the final contract signed and sent in. Hooray!

I promptly emailed my Program Coordinator to work out next steps. She said it may be a few weeks until we can even get to the next step as the IP's hadn't finished finalizing the clinic they were using. I thought that to be odd. Thankfully, I have a very good relationship with my IM. We email all of the time and I feel so close to her already! So, I mentioned it to her. Seems they had just finalized it with the clinic so I reached out to the Coordinator again to let her know the IP's and I are all ready to go and would love if we could get the scheduling done by the end of the week. She told me to expect by next week.

That afternoon, the clinic called ! I was in TERRIBLE traffic with M and little M in the car on the way home from work. It was 4:50pm and I was supposed to be skyping with the IPs at 5pm. I was trying my darndest to get home on time. I dislike being even close to being late. I finished up the call with them with 2 minutes to spare and right as I was pulling into my driveway. The medical screening is August 5th and 6th. M and I will fly to NY on the 5th in the morning, and drive to CT. The screening will be the 6th in the morning and then we fly out late at night. So, some coordinating on our part may be required, as far as what to do to fill time, etc. And some praying that our flight home isnt delayed or anything!

Overall, I am SO excited. So very excited. Im happy to be getting a move on.

The clinic is also mailing me some birth control. Which makes me feel much more relived about. I despise taking the pill, but I suppose it's kind of whatever at this point. You do what you've got to do! That was one of my biggest concerns, so I am happy she addressed it right away without me asking.

Additionally, I skyped with my IM - and again we couldnt get the video portion working. Im not sure what that was all about. So far, no video chats have worked. I noticed we weren't on each others contact lists in Skype, so I wonder if that was related. Hmm, things to ponder to keep my mind busy.

I sent a package in the mail to my IM this week. Just something little. If she is reading this, she will get a bit of a spoiler - so I wont say what it is until later next week when I know she has gotten it. But I wanted her to understand that I appreciate both of them so much for what they have been through, and what they are going through to bring this baby into this world. I am so happy to be matched with them. They feel like family to me, already. (I know, I'm a corn ball. M tells me ALL THE TIME!)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a screening date!!!!! I know I was both super nervous and super excited for it. You will do great though!

    ReplyDelete